The best way to answer the question of why you should use masonry instead of other materials is to understand its features. If you wish to ensure that your structure comes with exceptional durability, safety, and long-lasting beauty, you should use this particular system.
You probably know that the masonry is one of the oldest arts used by men for constructing numerous buildings and other applications across the globe. It has thousands of years, and it is one of the most popular choices across the globe.
Even though it comes with old techniques that are still popular, the advancement in technology brought us to the point of suitability that is more convenient and applications, especially when it comes to more complex buildings and projects.
At the same time, masonry contractors are most popular in the world of construction. Generally, it is not just a craft. It is an art of fabricating and building by using concrete blocks, clay, stone, and other materials.
A Brief History of Masonry
Everything started back in Egypt, as you can see the Pyramids and other notable constructions that are still popular and lasting. On the other hand, the Taj Mahal, the Great Wall of China, the Roman Colosseum, and other buildings include this particular method.
The process started with the creation of walls by using pieces of caked mud in combination with stone. The first mortar used the combination of stone and mud in between to create additional stability.
In time, brick entered the world of masonry and became essential throughout the ages. However, in the 19th century, everything changed when metal frames became the alternative to stone bearing walls in most cities across the globe.
However, another innovation that includes the concrete block created a perfect perspective and a new era in the world of masonry construction. The idea is to check here so that you can determine the brick making process.
In today’s industry, concrete blocks are the best solutions because they come with an affordable price tag than cut stone and require less labor than bricks.
Importance of Masonry for Modern Applications and Projects
- Longevity – The first and most important consideration is the idea that you will get the long-lasting solution that will provide you a durable and robust choice compared with other methods. Generally, it can withstand harsh weather conditions, and even accidental bumping, which is not the case with other materials.
- Fire Resistance – Another important consideration is that you will get exceptional fire protection because masonry will not burn in case of devastation. Therefore, it will protect your loved ones and belongings against the outside issues. As a result, you will pay lower insurance rates, especially since you will be able to implement fire separation and firewalls, and that are common as the barriers in areas with wildfires. You can get the combination of structural integrity similar to steel without the ability to get affected by outside factors. Therefore, you will reduce the overall environmental impact that happens due to fires and other issues. On the other hand, you will get passive fire protection that will protect your investments and reduce the expenses you would pay in case something occurs. This particular website: https://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/construction/materials/concrete-fire-resistant.htm will help you understand why concrete is fire resistant.
- Structural Integrity – We have mentioned above that you will get dense and reliable material that you can use for roofing systems as well as for load-bearing solutions that will support additional floors and supporting roofs. At the same time, it will resist the weather conditions, including wind shears and heavy snows. Since it comes with exceptional performance and reliability, numerous commercial buildings have used it as protection against potential issues that may happen.
- Perfect Insulation – Since the masonry walls are great insulators, you will be able to avoid releasing the temperature and bringing the cold air from the outside. Therefore, you will reduce overall cooling and heating expenses compared with other households. Since they come with significant mass, you will not have to invest in solid insulation materials. Generally, if you get cavity walls, you will get numerous options that will prevent further expenses.
- Flexibility – Since the masonry is something that you can use and design based on your preferences, you can adjust it and handle any design you prefer. You can create various shapes that will increase the aesthetic appeal of your household, which is an essential consideration you should remember.